ODSAS software Versioning

Expected release date
0 Alpha Version 01 June 2009
1 Beta version: thourough testing is ongoing, all main features implemented 01 January 2011
2 Public release package candidate 01 January 2013
3 Public release v.1 01 September 2014
3.9 Current version: Public release v.3 30 August 2023

Main configuration

Engine type Engine
Server Apache (http://www.apache.org/)
Scripting PHP (http://www.php.net/)
Database MySql / MariaDB (http://www.mysql.org/) (https://mariadb.org/)
Image Manipulation ImageMagick (http://www.imagemagick.org/)

Libraries and Classes used in ODSAS

90% of what makes ODSAS was written in PHP by Laurent Dousset. The remaining 10% are coming from other sources and have been integrated. Many thanks to these developers for making their (source) code available!

Source name Author(s) Application Status in ODSAS
prototype.js http://www.prototypejs.org/ Some of the Ajax in ODSAS is based on this framework used
HighSlide JS Torstein Honsi
JS and CSS: AJAX image interaction partially used
TinyMCE http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/ JS classes for WYSIWYG form editor used
phpoai2 Heinrich Stamerjohanns
OAI-PMH dynamic server

NOTE: to use this OAI-PMH dat-provider package, you need to make sure PEAR is installed on your system, and you need to install the DB package (even though it has been superseded). To install DB from PEAR, issue de following command:
pear install DB-1.7.14RC1

NOTE: OAI-PMH is not compatible with PHP version 8. You need to run this on a different PHP 7 server.

imagick http://pecl.php.net/package/imagick/ Imagick is a native php extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API.
This extension requires ImageMagick version 6.2.4+ and PHP 5.1.3+